Why do we want to purchase the water system?
- Under Golden State, our water bills are much higher than those in surrounding cities.
- We would no longer be subject to Golden State’s inordinately high cost structure, their Regional Rate structure, and the ineffective control of rate increases by the Public Utilities Commission.
- Costs and rates would be managed by locally elected officials accountable to us.
- Our water system could not be bought by a distant, unaccountable foreign company.
- We’d have lower water bills than with GSW; possibly right away, definitely as the bonds are paid off.
Was this helpful?